Sunday, February 3, 2008

What to wear?

So the controversy begins...

I've been invited to a shower next weekend (a baby shower, in case you were wondering...) and the invitation specifies what to wear. WTF? *laughs* Actually, I think it's cute, because it follows the theme of the small bambino-to-be's nursery. Well, the mother-to-be, mother of the bambino-to-be, is my best friend...and she is wearing red. Not to be too matchy-matchy, I'm going to try (notice I say try) to wear pink.

*garden gnome peeks in window and makes a disdainful snort*

Yes, yes, I know. I need to give the history behind my struggle to dress myself in a particular color. As you may have noticed, the name of the blog is Why The Black Shirt Again? Why? Because it is safe. And, it happens to be my favorite color. *grin* I have a hard time wearing pink. It is so...girly. I'm a girl, I know. I'm just not a pink girl. I own a pink jacket. I wear it to be different...plus James likes it. It is nice. It just isn't excellent. I want to look excellent.

I was thinking of going for some nice fitting black pants with killer stilettos, to retain the Lynne-ness, and topping it off with a...pink...shirt.

All right...so, angst filled search ensues...flattering pink shirt that isn't too...cute. *shudder* What do you think?A little too gingham?

I like the peacoat style a lot! Maybe in blue? Wait...that tisn't the point...

Very drapy...maybe too drapy...I don't like the center part, but the color isn't too bubble gum.

This is my favorite.

*sigh* They're all so...pink. Maybe I'll be a rebel. Wear black. What a shock.

No comments: