Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Changes!

I've dyed my hair a brilliant red. Not natural red...oh my gosh!, your hair is RED, red. I like it. I needed to do something a little wild. Since moving to Seattle and becoming a pen and ink artist wasn't going to happen, I needed to do something. Something temporary, something cheap...something red!

My grandfather always said you couldn't be a Navy Seal if you had a tattoo...so that's out. I like to keep my options open. So I don't tattoo...I dye.

Ya'll should have seen Ize's face when I had a plastic bag on my head...or now that my hair is not a color created in nature except when something is on fire...it is a little bit priceless. (Sorry for the excessive run on sentence there...I apologize.)

In other news, my cousin and his wife are expecting! Theresa and Kevin, congratulations! They're expecting sometime in November, they think. She hasn't been to the doctor yet.

Melissa is still expecting, but we expect that the one they are expecting shall be arriving soon, and then she will be here! Ha HA! I hope to head over to see her tomorrow...maybe take her lunch...have a good gabfest.

I am SO glad that God made me and my family and friends the exact way that they are...tonight at the Business meeting at the fire department, a woman very proudly told me and my mom that she now had "real" furniture. Granted, she went to Gallery, and underneath the veneer it is made out of particle-board, but she loves it because it is "real" and she has 2500.00 on her credit card to pay off. For what? Matching schmancy furniture. I told her to go to IKEA. She said it wasn't nice. I said resale shop...she laughed. I was thinking...you just spent 2500.00 on a BEDROOM SET! You know what I could do with 2500 dollars? Geesh. I wouldn't buy a bedroom set...that's for sure.

Moving on. Ize has a big boy car seat! He sits up and watches me drive now! I can see him anytime I want...it is so nice. I'm not sure how he'll fall asleep, but so far it is working quite nicely. Now I need ("need") to get an umbrella stroller. We'll be streamlined in no time!

Have a beautiful week, everyone! I'm doing some spring cleaning...(now that a cool front has moved in...*snort*) and it is a great feeling! More room for springtime air to fill in my closets! We're cleaning out! Speaking of which, I need to head over to my email to freecycle some of this stuff.

Love to all! Call me if you want to have lunch! (I'll post pictures of the hair soon...)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I knew it was coming...you haven't dyed your hair, in like, forever! Can't wait to see it!