I went grocery shopping today. Without a list. I know, I know...a bad idea. It was a last minute trip and I had a pretty good idea of what I needed. I found wonderful sales...that's the best part! There's something about getting a really GOOD DEAL and saving a whole bunch of money that just makes me grin. I found good hamburger on sale, and ice cream for James too. I love buying something that I know he will love. Something that will make him peer into the depths of our fridge and say: "Ooh. I didn't know we had that." James loves dessert. Ridiculously so. Sometimes the man can eat cookie dough, a bowl of ice cream, and polish off a dozen cookies or so to round out his dessert experience. Maybe with a Dr. Pepper...on the side. *grin* He's great fun to be around when dessert rolls around. Or we roll around to dessert, if ya' know what I mean. :)I called my mom and Melissa to share the good tidings. Perhaps Wednesday is the magic day to shop at Kroger. I ended up accidentally interrupting Melissa, but she wasn't bothered, so that's okay. Speaking of Melissa...she's still pregnant, for those of you wondering. I don't know who's wondering. Nobody is commenting. But that's okay.
What is the deal with the guy that bags your groceries thinking that a Kroger sticker is your 8 month old's heart's desire? Poor Ize got a little freaked out. You could see him thinking: "Dude. I don't want that. Don't stick that on my shirt. This is my dinosaur shirt, I don't want your icky sticker messing it up." The sacker was not to be deterred. He dodged those little 8 month old hands warding him off to stick a sticker on his shirt. Isaac commenced loud wails. Mama Bear waded in and said aggressively: "He clearly didn't want the sticker, you paper or plastic sacking moron! Do you get a commission PER STICKER? Leave my kid alone!!!" Not. Mama Bear said something to the effect of: "It's okay, sweetie...Mommy will take the sticker away." And she did. But then Mommy had the sticker, and whatever Mommy has is cool...so Isaac wanted the sticker back. So I gave it to him. *siiiiiigh* The drama of Kroger mixing with motherhood. *smile*
It's a good day.
1 comment:
Sometimes i wonder about the Kroger sackers... Dude, you're 40 years old, balding, and you're working at Kroger. What gives? Oh well. Good post, Lynne. always enjoyable to hear your thoughts on life. Later!
Post a Comment