My apologies, dear friends, for not posting sooner. I was so far out of town, that I wasn't even thinking of posting on my blog. *grin* I just got back from a 10 day trip through Arizona and New Mexico, and parts of West Texas. I had so much fun!
There is no way I could chronicle the whole thing without some organization, so I will do my best to impart the random knowledge that I picked up while traveling.
#1 - Babies do not enjoy scenery. You must entertain them after an hour or so, even though you are gasping at the gorgeous mountains surrounding you. You will make faces, you will waggle your ears, you will make the strangest noises. Yes, you will even listen to irritating little "Leap" sing the alphabet song 20 million times in a row. You might, I say might because I did, you might...feed them little bits of chocolate to hold them over for that last 20 minutes until you reach El Paso, or wherever. *grin*
#2 - Hampton Inns are lovely places, but they do not eat real food for breakfast. They eat rubber eggs and sugary danishes. There is no sausage, no bread, just refined sugar. They have an excellent assortment of juices though. Cranberry Apple...yessssssss...
#3 - Traction is very important when driving in snow. My Jetta gets excellent traction on about 1-2 inches of snow on the road, but when it comes to the foot and a half in my aunt and uncle's driveway, it was a no go. It parked on the road the whole time I was there. The WHOLE time.
#4 - Dogs like babies. All dogs. (Yes...Emily...all boats...) Sorry. Private joke. Casey and Taffy (was that her name?) loved Isaac. They thought that he was their baby. When I went to hold him they both got very upset. Casey really enjoyed licking Isaac right in the mouth. Ugh. :)
#5 - It is wonderful to be able to switch off drivers. We drove approximately 3, 124 miles in 10 days. I stayed in Angel Fire, NM for a few days, and my in-laws stayed in Farmington, NM for a few days. So that doesn't include tootling around various canyons, valleys, or getting lost for 2.5 hours. Switching off is wonderful. Alex saved my life, and my tushy. It was nice to be able to switch seats, sit in the back, laugh with Isaac, or snooze a bit.
#6 - Don't forget your charger. I forgot my plug-in charger, and I was without a phone for a little while in the blowy snow of Angel Fire...and I wasn't able to talk to James for a little bit. AHH!
There is more to come, I need to take the slinky out of Isaac's mouth.
For pictures, there are too many to show here, but visit here.
I'm so glad to be home!
Lynne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yeah gosh, what's with the huge delay in posting?!?!?! J/K. glad to have you back.
Post a Comment