Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Happy Day!

God is so good, is He not? Thank you, blogging world, for stepping up to the plate...Katelyn Grace was born this morning with minimal intervention, praise God!

I have to say...I don't know what to do with this feeling. I am so protective of Melissa and Katelyn and Dane, I didn't know what to do with myself. At the hospital, I'd start to go back to their room, only to turn around, thinking perhaps they might want family time...to turn around...to finally stop in the hallway and thank God for his ultimate grace.

I did a lot of hallway time (walking Ize in the stroller, or just slowly walking the hallways, whispering my thoughts to God...)over the last 48 hours...and it always surprises me how when life hands you some sort of crisis...or crises...depending on how crazy your life is...you feel like you are in a vacuum. Life just stops outside of what is important to you. I'd come out of a fog to hear the latest update and notice that it was raining outside. Rain? Weather still fluctuates? Isn't that strange?

It's a hard place...being a best friend, but not wanting to step on *anyone's* toes. On the one hand, I want to see Melissa...baaaaaadly. On the other hand...this is family time. I have a hard time breaking rules or being hugely decisive when it comes to things like this. I hope I did all right. James is so much better at that than me. Speaking of James...he's at the hospital right now, holding baby Katelyn. I'm only a tad jealous. A TAD. Ok. We did do the nose...and the hat. But she is a witch. Sorry. Back on topic. It was actually okay, because I came home to put Isaac down for a nap, which he needed...and I grabbed a shower and passed out. We both slept for 2.5 hours! It was most excellent...then we woke up, had some dinner, and we're heading to bed now!

May the Lord bless you and keep you...

Lynne

1 comment:

Money Dude 524 said...

Lynne you don't have to go to a website all the time. There are fellow words people (ok, maybe just person) around who can give you encouraging words. For example, you were so absolutely wonderful at the hospital - you and James both. The two of you were, as always, so perfectly supportive of us and our new child. You were so willing to get us what we needed or remind us that we're doing our best, and a good job at that. We are so ever grateful for your friendship and we pray that it never turns south. Thank you.